If you want your children to be intelligent, he said, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.
Your child’s developmental years will have a life long impact on them, and having the confidence of becoming a good reader is one of the best gifts you can give them.
I recommend Hooked on Phonics as it’s been used by thousands of parents from all corners of the globe. Here’s an explanation to how the program works:
Studies prove that the earlier a child learns to read, the better they perform in school and later in life.
U.S. Department of Education
Given what we know about brain development, it is clear that parents should not leave to schools alone the important tasks of language and literacy development. We must do more to enable and encourage parents to invest 30 minutes daily developing reading skills.
Psychology Today – Top 10 Reasons to Teach Your Baby or Toddler to Read
1. It readies your child for kindergarten.
2. It alleviates worries about reading disability later on.
3. It makes learning to read easier for your child.
4. It feeds a hungry brain.
5. It engenders multisensory creative development and love for reading.
6. It helps your child pick up phonics.
7. It helps your child pick up grammar.
8. It makes your child smarter.
9. It helps build better schools.
10. It creates a beautiful legacy with a little time and effort.
University of Michigan Health Systems
A child’s reading skills are important to their success in school and work. In addition, reading can be a fun and imaginative activity for children, which opens doors to all kinds of new worlds for them.
Check out the useful links below for additional information…